Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Hidden Lines In Section Views

Arthurking

I have a HALF-SECTION (sometimes incorrectly referred to as a "quarter section") where half of the view shows the interior detail, and the other half shows the external. The extracted view shows hidden lines in both halves. While this is not entirely unexpected, it IS incorrect. I'm told there's a way to "select" certain entities to "hide" them, so that I can un-show the hidden lines on the section-side of the view ONLY.

I deeply appreciate any Suggestions?

Use edge painter to change the linestyle of the lines that should be shown differently. I hope this will solve the problem.

Right click on the view you want to change and select draw in view. Once there you should have access to a toolbar button called hide edges/show edges. Select hide edges and just click on the lines you want gone.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back