Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

CATIA V5 - Converted V4 Drafting Views Causing Problems with SeeingReference Geometry

FramaKIRK

Hello,
I'm running CATIA version 5.20, service pack 2, build # 20. I converted a V4 .model using a Boeing Conversion tool. From this conversion I get the converted CATproduct and the CATdrawing. The model uses reference geometry for context of the assembly I am working on. The problem I have is with the CATdrawing's views. All of them except my 3D view will have only one choice for the View Generation mode: exact.

I need to know how I can fix this issue for I need to be able to change the view generation mode of my views to APPROXIMATE so that I can import better reference geometry for my views.

Thank you,
FramaKirk

Sorry, but I'm not familiar with that Boeing tool.

I suggest you contact someone at Boeing to find out how you can modify the drawing or the program to get what you want.

But the EXACT mode for the view will give you the truest projections. Changing this option to APPROXIMATE will not improve drawing geometry.

I cannot see the 3DXML or the V4 geometry in my views without Setting the View Mode

Hello,
I am trying to incorporate non-V5 structure in my drawing because I can't instantiate it into my product structure. I have to use 3DXML or V4 structure. Both of these require that I change the view modes to "Approximate". For some reason all my views only have "exact" as a choice in that pull-down in the View properties dialog box.

Would you know why a view would come in with only one choice? Would you know how I can change the view so that the other choices show up?

Sorry, but I'm not familiar with that Boeing tool.

I suggest you contact someone at Boeing to find out how you can modify the drawing or the program to get what you want.

Would you know how to change the views so that the other choices can show?:D

View Properties lets you choose the mode - but you already knew that

I just looked through the Online Docuementation and I didn't see anyway to restrict modes. I did read a short sentence that said Exact mode was not appropriate for certain types of V4 models (SOLID-M data)

Are the views locked? Check to top of the View properties page - it's the second option. When the view is locked, all the properties are grayed out and unavailable.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back