Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Good printed CAD literature?

tekkie

Hi

I'm writing a short text on a book about CAD, and need some actual printed CAD-literature to use as a reference. That is to say, something with an ISBN number. I can find all the info I need from the internet, but I would like to have an actual book to refer to. The things I need to refer to are:

1. The history of CAD (the first 2D and 3D CAD etc. Years, dates.)
2. The mathematical definition of 2D and 3D CAD geometry, such as lines, curves, splines, surfaces and solids. How is it all actually defined?

I have been looking to these for the geometry part:
Amazon.com: Fundamentals of Computer Aided Geometric Design (9781568810072): Josef Hoschek, Dieter Lasser: Books
Amazon.com: Curves and Surfaces for CAGD, Fifth Edition: A Practical Guide (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Graphics) (9781558607378): Gerald Farin: Books

This book might work for both history and geometry part?:
Amazon.com: Handbook of Computer Aided Geometric Design (9780444511041): G. Farin, J. Hoschek, M.-S. Kim: Books

Can anyone point out a good printed book to cover one or both of these areas? I'm not from an english speaking country, so there might be some famous english known-to-all textbook that I'm not aware of. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back