Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Inventor or Solidworks or Pro-E

Hi,

I have been working at a place where we fabricate packages, with various mechanical components (pumps, compressors, engines, motors, their piping etc) on skids. We have been doing the layout in AutoCAD 2D till today and we have decided that its time to move on to 3D. My question is , what should I be using, Autodesk Inventor (coz its made by same company as AutoCAD), or SolidWorks or Pro-E.

I have little experience working with Pro-E (6 on a scale of 10) and NO experience with Inventor or Solidworks. I have read several times that Solidworks is real easy. But based on my situation what is best option for me.

Thank you.
Sam

I think you can try Solidworks.It is has some great online resource and support forums, from which you can learn a lot.
Thanks

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back