Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

converting file from PDF to DWG?

Hi NoahAva ,
Pdf is really a good format in terms of digital drawing.But often the dwg format is used more in engineering aspect, as pdfs are not easily editable.On the other hand dwg files are easily editable and can used in other software packages than Autocad,like Solidworks etc which really makes it a good format.
Thanks
Hope it helps.

My advise would probably be very amateur but then the easiest way i could think of.

Google yourself a converter, its that easy! i google my file converters all the time and they work perfectly. Its actually convenient cause you wont have to install a software and all, you can convert it straight up so its really simple.
I suggest though that if you are to convert numerous files then you really have to download and install a software

Hi Noah, If you have any copy of a CAD drawing in pdf, you can convert it to (.dwg or .dxf) to save your time and to make your drawings very quickly without creating unnecessary stuff which you are already having. Don't go for any online converters, your data might get stolen by hackers. Please use any CAD software which is having inbuilt PDF to DXF or DWG...
I suggest you, go for below link to download an inbuilt .pdf to .dxf CAD software
https://actcad.com/download-actcad-intellicad-software.php?esa=7T7SGk3SU5--Y_DI6j6s_i-zlJcHKhIQI2XcP96cFd0

Hello Community,

Thanks Emily for your recommendation. In search of the same converting a PDF file to Drawing format, I found ActCAD 2019 Professional having the inbuilt Open PDF to Edit feature. This feature came really handy to me as I can now convert my PDF drawing files to DWG format without the threat of data loss and threat of getting my drawings stolen.

You can also try the software and take the advantage of Open PDF to Edit Feature.
Click to Download ActCAD 2019 Professional.

Thanks and regards,
Thomas Parker

There are many benefits of this ,some of as follows:
1. It enables fast and efficient editing and easy to work upon.
2. It conversion retains color in the AutoCAD DWG file.
3. DWG converted files do not loose lines and arcs and they are also editable.
4. PDF files can be marked-up with comments without affecting the original data and therefore the PDF file conversion to AutoCAD DWG is useful.
5. PDF files enjoy flexible printing controls and therefore DWG conversion will also have that benefit

for more benefits you can refer formatconversion.biz site
Hope this will be helpful for you

Hello Guys,

PDF can be easily converted into a DWG file that is a binary file format.
there are several benefits like:

Conversion retains color in the AutoCAD DWG file.
Conversion also does not lose out on location, thickness, and shape of lines.
PDF files enjoy flexible printing controls and therefore DWG conversion will also have that benefit.
Text can be recreated in the PDF to AutoCAD DWG converted files.
Converted files do not loose lines and arcs and they are also editable."

Thanks & Regards
Cad Service

If you still have any troubles with the PDF to DWG conversion I found something that basically perfected it. Was extremely helpful.

Hello,

If you are still looking for PDF to DWG file conversion for your real estate projects, We are providing CAD conversion services.

Arcengine delivers high-quality AutoCAD conversion services for real estate & architects by re-drafting the drawings in CAD with careful reference to original hard copies. We work on CAD conversion assignments of all sizes and deliver the best quality outputs.

Hope it helps!

For CAD conversion services, Contact us:
Call: +1 702-602-5093
Email : [email protected]

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back