Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Help with making smooth 2D patterns?

Blakeb

Hi, I'm new to the forum and looking for some advice. My company makes custom table pads based on tracings of tables. I think our process could be sped up A LOT, but I don't have enough knowledge to do it.

We digitize patterns in .raw format and convert them to .dxf, so we can open them in Solid Edge ST5. The patterns are pretty messy looking because the digitizing process is inaccurate. We have to manually recreate most of the lines and tangent arcs so that we have a nice looking shape to send to our factory.

Is there any way in Solid Edge for the 2D pattern to be analyzed and cleaned up by the software (or mostly by the software) to save lots of time for the user? Thank you to anyone who might have a suggestion or advice for me!

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back