Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Best tool

pavanabatchu

I want to know which cad software among the following is best
(CATIA,pROE,NX,SOLIDWORKS,SOLIDEDGE,AUTOCAD)
FOR
1)SURFACING
2)SHEET METAL
3)DRAFTING
4)DIFFICULT AND COMPLEX PARTS
5)AEROSPACE
6)ASSEMBLY
7)EASY TO LEARN &USE
i WANT TO KNOW FOR EACH CATEGORY WHAT IS THE BEST SOFTWARE INDIVIDUALLY?

In my opinion, NX will give most user freindly option in all the above category especially in complex design and assy areas.
But easy to learn is CATIA.

This is my personal opinion......I have used only Catia, Solidworks and Autocad out of your choices of software so I cannot speak for the rest.

First of all how far do you want to go?? Do you want to build an entire car and assemble every nut and every bolt in the car. Don't forget..a car is made up of a ton of complex surfaces. Solidworks cannot handle this but Catia can. Your application plays a major role in your decision.

Anyways here are my thoughts

1) Surfacing was pretty user friendly in Solidworks

2) Sheet metal module in Solidworks works very well.

3) Nothing beats Solidworks in terms of Drafting (my opinion)

4) Difficult and complex parts (user friendly....Solidworks) Huuuuuuggge complexity Catia

5) Aerospace - Catia is used in Aerospace industry as a standard. Boeing / Gulfstream and Bombardier drawings are all Catia due to the limitations Solidworks has on Large and complex assemblies

6) Assembly - Solidworks is very good but once again you cannot assemble every single piece of an entire car in Solidworks assembly. Once again too many complex surfaces in a car which solidworks cannot handle.

7) Easy to learn and use - Solidworks takes the award for easiest to use. I learned Solidworks before Catia and found myself laughing at some of the way things were layed out in Catia.

Keep in Mind I have not used PRO-E / NX or SolidEdge

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back