Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Dirt Cheap CAD software

zkbuck

Hello all,
I did a couple searches in the FAQ for this but didn't see anything (sorry if I missed it!!) But I am looking to start a small business out of my garage and would greatly benefit from having CAD software. The problem is I have very little startup capital so I'm wondering if any of you know of a 3D CAD program that is dirt cheap(free would be best but I doubt it exists legally) just to help me get off the ground?

Thank you very much!

You can use Blender.It is a free and opensource software which you can use.It is simple and has very good interactive features.
Thanks

FreeCAD is free

Blender is not a CAD software, Think you can do a lot with FreeCAD.
Next cheaper software is TurboCAD I will try this today and let you know if it is good.
They have a free trail.

Too late but just to add... Choosing Blender would be a Blunder, as it's made for 3D Modeling plus Sculpting (not for CAD). Your best bet would be Autodesk Fusion 360 or Alibre whose marketing statement is 'Most affordable Commercial CAD Software', 10% of Solidworks if I'm not wrong. FreeCAD (open source) is good enough for Part Modelling but there could be some bugs at Assembly level (from what I read)

Blender is not CAD.. the file formats it created are not gears for manufacturing.
A comparatively cheap CAD is Rhino which can be extremely complex and yet manfacturable designs.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back