Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Transferring a drawing from the 2d model view to the working sheet view

Bittergrace

Hello there

probably a stupid question but I am new to using CAD type programs, though I can draw well enough using drawing instruments on paper. I have started using Siemens PLM solid Edge ST6 and I have gotten my head around how to draw and put in dimension's etc. But I have no idea how to transfer the drawing that I have done in full scale in the 2d model view to the working sheet. I know how to set my sheet up in terms of size and scale. I have no idea what I am missing though.

Just for a bit of background I am a welder/Fabricator working for Goughs Engineering in New Zealand. Goughs are the Caterpillar agents here in NZ and Goughs Engineering do the forestry guarding for the various CAT machines.

any help you can give would be most appreciated

Best regards

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back