Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Solidworks Simulation Carabiner Testing

shaw600

Hi,

This is my first post and I'm new to using Solidworks Simulation.

I've been trying to simulate a carabiner drop test. I was wondering what would be the best way of doing this?

I modelled two pins and the carabiner body, the two pins were given tangent mates and the forces were applied vertically. I also gave them 'no penetration' contact sets. The force was applied to the bottom pin whilst the top pin was fixed.

Untitled.jpg

In order to get the simulation to work I had to set the properties to automatic, whilst the simulation was running a box about 'large displacement' popped up, the simulation would fail if I re-did the simulation with the large displacement box ticked, when I clicked no I got some results.

Are there any improvement I could make? What is the most effective way of running the simulation? Is it possible to graph the results?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back