Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Cannot zoom model even in model manipulation mode, please help!

I noticed that there has been a similar question asked in this forum(link: http://www.3dcadforums.com/catia-forum/6351-catia-stuck-tree-manipulation.html), but my problem is slightly different.

I am sure I am on model manipulation mode because I can pan the model (using my mouse scroll button) and rotate (or orbit) using the scroll and right mouse buttons. But I cannot zoom. If I scroll, the tree goes up or down. If I press CTRL and scroll, the size of the tree changes (it becomes bigger or smaller).

My settings in Tools>Options...>Display>Tree Manipulation are:

Automatic scroll activation during Dragdrop (ON)
Display geometry during tree scrolling (OFF)

Automatic expand activation (OFF)

Tree zoom after clicking on any branch (ON)

I tried several combinations of these settings but it didn't help.
Shift+F3 takes me tree manipulation mode (making the model greyish) and this works as it should. But Shift+F3 brings me back to the model manipulation and the problem still exists.

Is this a bug or is there something wrong with my settings?
Please help.

Thank you!

I hope you have figured this out by now. If not, I have one suggestion:

1. Use View + Render Style + Parallel. This will take you out of Perspective viewing and enable normal zooming.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back