Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

3D Printing - Help / ideas wanted

TetraStock

Hi everyone! Im Jordan and I’ve been creating 3D models for about 3 years now, starting when I did my degree. I was speaking with a friend about the ever emerging 3D print market and how our models could be used by so many different people.

After a few conversations and bit of googling, we actually found that the existing marketplaces for 3D print models are pretty average. There are some sites that offer designers a decent platform to sell their models but nothing that really stood out.

This is the point where we need everyone’s help! To receive backing for our idea we must prove a concept, so if you could take a look at the below it would be greatly appreciated.

Idea
Summary: Create a 3D model marketplace aimed at people who are searching for printable 3D designs.
Designers require a good online platform to turn a profit from their designs, but also the users who want to buy the models need an easy search tool to locate the file they want.

Progress
So far all our money has been spent on proving this concept and finding out what the community thinks. To make our website to the level it needs to be in order to make this marketplace somewhere both designers and downloaders feel comfortable we need to raise investment. This is where we are asking for help!
To gain the required investment we have to prove that the industry wants something like we are proposing.

How to help
Simply join our mailing list! Our investors need to see numbers, so the more people we have register the better.

Designers, use this link to find our landing page:
TetraStock | 3D Print Marketplace

Users looking to buy 3D products, please use this link to sign up:
TetraStock | 3D Print Marketplace

Don’t worry – we won’t be sending pointless emails every day, just updates on the website that we think you may find useful.

Thanks!
The only way we can make this possible is by listening to your opinions on the idea! If you have a spare 30 seconds we would really appreciate if you sign to the mailing list.
Do you have any thoughts on the idea? Anything you would like to see that is new and would help the 3D design and print community? If you have a bit more spare time we would love to hear your opinions on our idea.

I'm curious what kinds of parts do you think someone would download from your site, as opposed to just buy it from Amazon?

I dont think the idea of 3D print itself is constricted to just printing parts of consumer goods that they require.

To be honest I think the biggest attraction of 3D printers is the customisation available for everyday products, alongside with the convenience of being able to print a product within a few hours. It may even end up being cheaper than buying directly from Amazon as you suggest.

The point of the marketplace however is to give modelers and designers a platform to sell their great designs (similar in theory to the hundreds of stock photography sites that exist). As the 3D print industry is set to rapidly expand over the next decade, we think there is a market to be targeted for designers to sell their files for the increasing demand for 3D printable files. At the same time, for those who want to search for a model that they would like to print, we want to provide an extremely user friendly interface that will make searching through thousands of files as easy as possible.

Would like to hear your opinion on the idea and if you think it would be beneficial to designers selling their products and people looking for files alike?

TetraStock

I dont think the idea of 3D print itself is constricted to just printing parts of consumer goods that they require.

To be honest I think the biggest attraction of 3D printers is the customisation available for everyday products, alongside with the convenience of being able to print a product within a few hours. It may even end up being cheaper than buying directly from Amazon as you suggest.

The point of the marketplace however is to give modelers and designers a platform to sell their great designs (similar in theory to the hundreds of stock photography sites that exist). As the 3D print industry is set to rapidly expand over the next decade, we think there is a market to be targeted for designers to sell their files for the increasing demand for 3D printable files. At the same time, for those who want to search for a model that they would like to print, we want to provide an extremely user friendly interface that will make searching through thousands of files as easy as possible.

Would like to hear your opinion on the idea and if you think it would be beneficial to designers selling their products and people looking for files alike?

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back