Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Help with editing polys/vertexes

Select Casey

Hello 3dcadforums.

Ok, i am a total noob at 3dSM, and i need some help/pointers. Im currently teaching myself Unity development and have downloaded a number of royalty free models for use in a dungeon game im making. They are presenting me with a few problems however. One set of models was made from quads or planes, and sadly the forward face (which in unity is the only visible face of a 2d object) is on the wrong side, so they arent displaying properly. the second set of models i have are fantastic, except that they are designed for a top down dungeon game, and the one im working on is 3rd person, so there are visible areas on the undersides of objects where there are massive holes in the polys.

I want to be able to fix this myself but i dont know how to invert quad/plane faces, or how to create new faces for a poly.

I would be eternally grateful for some pointers, truly. I will take the time to learn 3dsm properly at a later date, its just now all my time is filled with learning Unity, so i really just want to be able to nip in, fix the polys and nip out again without too much academic stress or time taken.

Thanks in advance.

<3

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back