Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Drawing hexagongs....etc

1964deano

Hi guys great site....
I am a new user of V18..I am sort of embarrassed of asking such a simple question but how do you draw Hex/pentagongs etc other than manually...... any tips ?

Last edited:
deano,

There is a nSidePolygon macro located under Program Files/Solid Edge V18/Custom/nSidePolygon folder. The Custom folder is filled with custom macros that are worth exploring.

I have another Polygon macro that was made available by another user. I will post a reply with it attached.

deano,

Attached is a newer Polygon macro that was recently submitted to the Solid Edge newsgroup. I haven't actually tested this one but it was created by a user based on other users input. There are a few more Polygon macros floating out in cyberspace if you dont' like this one.

Attachments

• New Polygon Macro_English.zip
    30.5 KB · Views: 34
Thanks ksudavid,
i dont have that folder option installed.....ill try the macro though...
Deano

Polygon macro....

Hmmmm. i dont speak german (yet....) so i ran macros etc did i miss a step prephaps? I tried to insert image but am too tired.....how do u guys load upload images here?
Deano.

deano,

I thought I was sending you the English version but I had not actually installed it yet for testing.

I have more than one polygon macro. I'll upload what I have so you can play with them and see which you like best.

David

deano,

Attached are a couple more variations of polygon macros. I believe one is the original UGS version and the other is a modified version of the UGS one. Look at the Readme.txt files for descriptions of how they work. For one I uploaded the readme file as a Word document.

Attachments

• Polygon_V10142.zip
    27.2 KB · Views: 28
  • PolygonCommand.zip
    35.8 KB · Views: 21
  • PolygonCommand.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 15
Hexagong heaven...

Thanks ..i am in hex heaven...
I forgot to be in the sketch environment before running the macro....
Deano:D

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back