Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Rhinoceros 5: Every edge created is a naked edge!

Y Le

Hi! I am using the Rhinoceros 5 software, and I'm very, very new to it (in fact, this is my third day using it). I am trying to create a very simple ring creating this software, with a not-so-successful attempt.

In short, all of my edges come off as naked edges. Even very, very simple designs such as a CUBE displays six edges; even creating it with the square tool, having Grid snap and Osnap on. I tried JoinEdge and RebuildEdge, having a tolerance of 5, and nothing is working.

As a last resort, I even tried zooming all the way in to the naked edge, but it is closed and connected, so I don't see why it is a naked edge there. I even tried making a cylinder, and the circle bases have one naked "edge," which strikes me as odd. I'm not sure what else I can do at this point.

I am desperate and in need of help. Any suggestion is very welcome. Thank you!

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back