Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Problem with Solar access studies in motion study

voising

Hi everyone,

I am trying to animate an East-West sun tracker photovoltaic carport in an assembly. In my motion study, I set one motor to rotate the solar panels and hit calculate. Until now everything works perfectly and the panels rotate exactly the way i told them to.
To do a more realistic animation, i decided to use the Solar access study in animation wizard. So my goal doing this is to show the orientation of the panels along the day form sunrise to sunset.
Here comes the problem, after setting this solar access study i hit calculate and can now see the sun changing position and intensity through the day but my panels are not rotating anymore.
When i set the Solar access study i made sure i didn't tick the box "delete all existing paths" so my panels should continue rotating...
I have tried a few things to solve this problem like setting the motor before or after the solar access study but nothing works and i'm stuck.

Has anyone experienced that problem too? I would apreciate any help or ideas on how to resolve this problem.

Thanks a lot

Guillaume

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back