Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Using a user defined coordinate system to define equation driven curves

cdunn6754

I am trying to draw up a contraction section for a wind tunnel that involves drawing 5th order polynomials on multiple planes to guide the lofting. To do it I have defined the planes I want and was planning to use the equation driven curve tool under splines to make the guide curves. The issue is that the curves are generated based on the global coordinates rather than any local to the plane. I tried defining my own coordinate axis on the plane in hopes that I could somehow use it to define my curve but cant figure out how to make "equation driven curve" respect the new axis rather than the global one.

Does anyone know how I can force "equation driven curve tool" to plot the equations relative to axes other than the global ones?

Thanks!

-Clint

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back