Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Macro Creation for locating part in an assembly

ken.lenz

I have been working on a task for the last couple weeks which involves trying to create a macro that loads in and locates a weld torch for a clearance check. We are trying to replicate what can be accomplished in NX, however, I am running into issues because you can't add axis system (coordinate systems) to a product in CATIA whereas in NX, you are able to add and move the "absolute axis" that exists in the product. Has anyone ever created a macro to do something like this that could pass along a few tips. I seem to be stuck and currently can only get the macro to load the weld torch into the current 0,0,0 location of the product. I am just unable to get it to move into location within the macro.
Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ken Lenz

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back