Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Help creating this Rim and lip container??

CDL123

Hi I've been trying to get this rim lip container to join up. the middle needs to connect to the top and bottom. the profiles that iv drawn seem to work ok, but i get a weird inner ledge that makes sense for the profile but isn't desirable and I want to make it completely flat inside.

if you can see in the sketch I'm trying to achieve the centre piece has the connecting lips that ned to feed into the top and bottom to connect.

In trying to create the top and bottom pieces to join into, I don't know how to get them to marry well with the middle pieces lips. Has anyone got any good tips on how to do it? and also how to remove that ledge I'm getting on the middle piece (shown top right).

thank you in advance

Screen Shot 2016-02-07 at 21.30.54.jpg

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back