Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Make 2D From Saved View Distorts / Shifts

norwegiansoul

I am so incredibly frustrated, and cannot figure out what is going wrong. I am attempting to create a drawing showing a series of steps to build an object, similar to Lego instructions. I have a saved view of my completed object, and I am utilizing the make2d command to create a drawing of each step. However, with each make 2d command, the view distorts or shifts slightly from the previous step, though the view has remained absolutely the same. There is no chance at all that the view itself has shifted. I have tried this multiple times, even with a bounding box around the objects, with the same result. Is there any way to get a make2d which is exactly the same view for each step?! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back