Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Can anyone help me with the construction of this part in catia v5?

I've been trying to design this element in part design in catia. I don't know how to make the cilinders tangent to the bigger cilinder in the middle. And also, how to make those curves in the bottom? I know i have to draw circles and make them tangent but how to make disappear the other part?
Please help me!!Pieza de tarea dibujo.jpg

after making the large cylinder, pocket it first with the R1.4 with its dimensions, then attach the 4 small cylinders.. when attached, pocket another circles the one with the R0.61.

Check your dimensions some are on Diameter others are on Radius
the four 1.10 cylinders are not tangent with the big cylinder, (correct me if im wrong)

i use the command as verbs btw. haha. hope you understand these.

Here's what I would do:

1. make the large R1.80 cylinder first (just outside cylinder - inside will be done at end)
2. add the 4 vertical Ø1.10 cylinders (outside only)
3. add fillets where the cylinders intersect (I think they are R .81)
4. pocket out the R1.40 slot on both sides
5. now add the Ø1.10 holes, 4X
6. add the Ø2.80 hole in the middle

I always add holes as the final steps, because sometimes the cylinders break out into the holes when done too soon.

I had some time today to model this part, and I discovered that my original interpretation of the drawing is wrong. Adding R.81 fillets in step #3 above does not work.

(UNITS? The figure says METRIC, but these are small numbers for millimeters, so I used centimeters)

Here's a picture of my model:
brace.JPG

I don't know how to make the cylinders tangent to the bigger cylinder in the middle. And also, how to make those curves in the bottom? I know i have to draw circles and make them tangent but how to make disappear the other part?

1. the Ø1.10 cylinders are not tangent to the large cylinder in the middle
2. in a new sketch, draw the bottom circles and constraint them based on the dimensions provided.
3. Hide the sketch after using it for the Pad or Pocket

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back