Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Creating pattern for a remove multi-section solid

hamedabdeh

Hi guys,

I've created a hole using remove multi-section solid tool and now I want to create a pattern from this hole over my object. The problem is that when I'm using rectangular pattern, instead of creating hole it makes solid! I mean instead of having a hole I have a loft! Anyone had the same problem?

Thank you in advance.
Hamed

This might be normal, but it's impossible to determine without seeing the spec tree, especially the branch containing the hole.

Thanks for attaching the picture, but there is not enough of the tree structure for me to determine what is happening. Could you attach a picture showing the entire tree, from the PartBody all the way to the end? (I want to see if you have mutiple Boldies with Boolean operations)

It does look like you used a Removed Multi-Section Solid, so that should create the first hole. Please verify that the Pattern object is the Multi-Section Solid (not the Current Solid).

Dear MrCATIA,

Many thanks for your reply. I checked the pattern object and it is multi section solid. Attached I send the picture from the tree structure for your considerations.

Immagine.jpg

Okay. From what I can tell, you do not have a second Body that has a negative polarity. That could cause the hole to turn into a loft.

When I build a similar part, the Pattern works fine by duplicating the holes, so I'm not sure what is causing your problem.

Is the PartBody the underlined Work Object, and are you seeing the entire model? What does the second Pattern do?

I see the whole model and everything's fine for me but I cannot understand why it works in this way. In the attached file you can see what the pattern is doing on the piece.

Immagine.jpg

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back