Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Best way to study further in Catia V5

Achroatic

Hi everyone,

I have worked for our family company for around 12 years 5-6 as a Mechanical draftsman the rest IT admin.

I am certified for Autocad , Inventor.
Experience with Turbocad Caddie.

I left my previous job due to lack of work and growth.

Question is I see most of the jobs in Germany seem to focus on Catia v5.

I have seen various courses (10 days) priced from €3500 (Audi) to around €2000.

Are these courses really worth the price as most
Only seem to be basic .

I am dying to learn more and improve my experience
You better my chance at finding employment. I have even considered redoing my entire Drafting schooling over 3 years in Germany ( called a Ausbildung) .

I am 35 and kinda finding myself stumped.

Interested in CAM,Hvac,Electrical....

Thanks for any replies or advice offered :eek:

I think learning the basics (in an instructor led class) and having a good understanding of how CATIA works will help you better understand the more advanced workbenches in CATIA. €2000 to €3500 seems correct to me. Does Audi teach how they use CATIA? If you take their course, do they provide a job? (or at least an interview?) I doubt 10 days of training will include CAM, HVAC or Electrical.

But before you learn CATIA (or any CAD system), make sure you have good knowledge of the application. Most companies I've worked with, are hiring Drafters/Designers/Engineers with industry experience and skills, and then provide the CAD training and procedures after they are hired. (Using CAM for example; companies will hire machinists who are good NC operators and CNC programmers, and teach them how to use CATIA for programming)

Hi MrCATIA,

And thank you for your reply.

I think Audi simply trains you with Catia. I doubt they will provide a job afterwards (I could be wrong)

I just figured paying for the Course myself and getting it on my resume will make
my resume more attractive .

Trueth is I have been without work for 8 months . During those I was simply getting some certificates to update my
resume..( Autocad and Inventor) and I was aiming for Catia next .

I think learning the basics (in an instructor led class) and having a good understanding of how CATIA works will help you better understand the more advanced workbenches in CATIA. €2000 to €3500 seems correct to me. Does Audi teach how they use CATIA? If you take their course, do they provide a job? (or at least an interview?) I doubt 10 days of training will include CAM, HVAC or Electrical.

But before you learn CATIA (or any CAD system), make sure you have good knowledge of the application. Most companies I've worked with, are hiring Drafters/Designers/Engineers with industry experience and skills, and then provide the CAD training and procedures after they are hired. (Using CAM for example; companies will hire machinists who are good NC operators and CNC programmers, and teach them how to use CATIA for programming)

Hi MrCatia,

No Audi simply offers the study course.. Whether or not they offer placement afterwards is not known. They
might "cherry pick" the best students..Who knows.

My thinking was to have already studied Catia to enhance my job seeking prospects.....
I see it as a investment that could pay itself back.

I understand companies would pay for this once employed , I was hoping having in
on my resume may help me get into a better position that may offer more training.

Thank you again..

In Germany many Company use Catia, Siemens NX, an Solid Works that is primary tools plus knowlege of SAP. Inventor is less used tools. Many Jobs "Angebot" search for "Cad Konstrukteur".

In Germany many Company use Catia, Siemens NX, an Solid Works that is primary tools plus knowlege of SAP. Inventor is less used tools. Many Jobs "Angebot" search for "Cad Konstrukteur".

Hallo Kristian Mueller,

Danke für Ihre Antwort. Ja ich habe das schon gesehen. Alles oben ich muß studieren und natürlich mein Deutsch verbessern.

"English translation "
Thank you for your answer, yeah I have seen that already everything you Mentioned I need to study. And obviously my German.

Do you think it's better to study Catia before I go to the Arbeitsamt or look for a company willing to provide the training?

I am in a similar situation. I studied at Berkeley and learned a few basic commands and design practices in Solidworks. I also downloaded a student version of Revit to model homes. I have been interested in designing power plants and I want to build a fusion tokamak. Is most training done at the engineering firm or is it done before, in school, and then taken to the firm? Is it easier to do some of the sketches and designs by hand?

Cheers,

Steve

PS Are there any classes in southern California for CATIA?

Either get onto in a coaching in any institution or learn it by yourself

There videos in YouTube and books available for free to learn catia you must have some basic knowledge of any CAD software AutoCAD,solidworks or any other

If you want learn catia directly without having prior knowledge about CAD then I recommend you to join coaching it would be easy for you to grasp software

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back