Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I used several Bodies with some Boolean Operations.
    holesX.JPG

i see.... will this work for generative surface modelling as well?
    because there is no boolean operations for surface modelling

sorry for the trouble... i think this method cant work in surface modelling

maybe is there a way to merge 2 paralle overlapping surface?

Sure, the original problem can be done with a flat surface. Just use Split to remove the boundary shape and the hole pattern.
    surf holes.JPG

Or, you could just Extract a surface from the solid model.

I'm not sure how you would 3D print this surface?
    Last edited by MrCATIA; December 21st, 2016 at 06:45 PM.

ya..i thought of that method.. it can worked but i need to somehow merge/intersect/paste that surface onto a plate (made through revolution) :
    Capture.jpg.. so that the plate will have that particular pattern design....
    is there a correct method to do it? because i keep having error when i try using join.... maybe because its overlapping surface....

in the end thickness will be added so that it can be 3d printed...somewhat like hybrid modelling

Capture.jpg

i have something like this.... so if i can somehow make the surface merge onto the plate... then the problem should be solved.... but i dont know the right way to do it... or what is the right method to do it

1.jpg
    realise i made some mistake in splitting.... but somehow manage to solve the problem now..thank a lot for your guidance...
    now i willl work on constructing the right boundary shape to fit my problem... thank you again for the help given

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin Winly Low View Post
    sorry for the trouble... i think this method cant work in surface modelling
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin Winly Low View Post
    ya..i thought of that method.. it can worked but i need to somehow merge/intersect/paste that surface onto a plate (made through revolution) :
    Capture.jpg.. so that the plate will have that particular pattern design....
    is there a correct method to do it? because i keep having error when i try using join.... maybe because its overlapping surface....
    The part above can easily be modeled with solids in the Part Design workbench, without using surfaces. Solids is the most correct method (with or without Booleans).
    Last edited by MrCATIA; January 3rd, 2017 at 10:14 PM.