Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Catia V5R20 - FEA Static Analysis Pivot feature

Aitac

Hello guys,

I try to compare some simulation results done in Abaqus with the ones from Catia. Goal is to safe some time in future for the first sim loops using Catia for FEA simulation instead of Abaqus.
Therefore I have got some simulation results (bearing loads, deformation) of a shaft done in Abaqus. The shaft will be held in place via 3 bearings( 1 fixed and 2 floating bearings). For this I have tried to apply smooth virtual parts on each bearing location so I can use the "Pivot" feature of Catia. This "Pivot" Feature works fine for the fixed bearing since it won't allow translations in any axis direction but rotation along 1 axis (for bending of the shaft). But that is the problem for the other bearing locations: Is there a way to let the Pivot bearing translate along the shaft axis (not "sliding Pivot" which allows translation along the rotation axis of the Pivot)?

Shaft_simplified.jpg

And during my test calculations another question came up: I have applied a local sensor to the pivot feature to see the bearing loads after simulation. The pivot feature should have free rotation along 1 axis thus the resultant torque along this axis should be 0Nm by definition but the sensor showed a high resultant torque along this axis . I do not understand why this torque occures, do you have an explantion for this phenomenon?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Aitac

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back