Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Insert DXF/DWG into Solidworks part.

jord_runci

I have been trying to insert a 'line drawing' onto a flat surface (the top face of a cube) in Solidworks.

From Insert > DXF/DWG I select the file to open and then nothing happens (there's no error message or anything either).

This is the link I used as a how-to reference: http://help.solidworks.com/2016/English/SolidWorks/sldworks/t_Inserting_DXF-DWG_Files.htm.

The help link refers to a DXF/DWG Import Wizard, which has never appeared and I cannot find anywhere.

I'm exporting the doc as a DXF from Illustrator, which was first exported as a DXF from a Solidworks drawing to be opened in Illustrator if that helps... I also tried the same thing exporting as a DWG.

Any help would be much appreciated, I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I can't find the answer to this anywhere!

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back