Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Need help with Insert DXF/DWG

jord_runci

I've been trying to insert an image which is just a line drawing from Illustrator onto a flat surface (the top face of a cube) in Solidworks.

From Insert > DXF/DWG I select the file to open and then nothing happens (there's no error message or anything either).

This is the link I used as a how-to reference: http://help.solidworks.com/2016/Engl...-DWG_Files.htm.

The link mentions something about Import Wizard, which has never appeared as a dialogue box and I can't find anywhere.

For the image, I exported a Solidworks drawing as a DXF, opened in Illustrator to edit the line drawing, then exported again as a DXF. I also tried the same thing exporting as a DWG.

Any help would be much appreciated, sure I'm missing something obvious but can't find the answer to this anywhere!!

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back