Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

I'm running out of ideas

spider007

Can somebody give me a hint on how to do this

Attachments

• A10267-1.zip
    116.5 KB · Views: 36
  • untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 43
mirror images?

If the two parts are symmetrical, how about adding a mirror feature to get the other side?

this it the thing. That angled portion is not exacly 45deg (it's 40 i think), and i need the vertical portion and horizontal portion to be 90 deg. to each other. And as if that wasn't bad enough i was hoping for two seperate part bodies, DONE IN SHEETMETAL (so that i can flaten them out for waterjetting). I just don't know how to get them to where they are supposed to be.

Might just have to use assambly to do it:(

file attached in first post for all curious.

Last edited:
Spider,

I agree with your approach of an assembly made up of two CATPart sheetmetal parts.

If the first part is bent 40 degrees, I guess the second one will be bent 50 degrees in the opposite direction (or 90deg minus the bend angle of the first part). right?

yes, that's right MrCatia.

I have a lot of brackets like that, and making them all assambly would double the amount of catparts i already have (from 200 to close to 400), which is what i'm trying to avoid. The brackets are rivited and welded together so having them in seperate partbodies, in same catpart would be IDEAL (i think:confused:i could be wrong ). I'd be able to unbend them seperatly, and i'd be able to detail them together, and they would act as one part in assambly...... but it's not working in this case.

oh well....One or two extra won't hurt, i guess....i'll do that then.
Thanks

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back