Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How to Sew Solids?

C

Calix

Hi,
Can one suggest a way to sew two solids together, other than Insert->Feature Operation->Sew which shows a message that I "cannot sew solids into a sheet"? I started with serveral sheets, applied a thickness to them and now I want to make it as one solid. I am unable to sew them first because the thickness option doesn't work once they've been sewn together.
Any help.
With regards.

Sewing Solids?

Once you have thickened the sheets into solids, you must use a boolean operation such as "unite" or "subract". Unite will make two or more bodies one.

Sewing can be used to make two or more surfaces a single sheet body.

Hope this helps.

rgh

sewing solid body

hi,

unit is the different comman for join the solid body to another solid body can any one tell us how can we join to solid bodies by using the (SEW) command ???????????????????????????

hi,

unit is the different comman for join the solid body to another solid body can any one tell us how can we join to solid bodies by using the (SEW) command ???????????????????????????

As mentioned, the sew command is used to sew sheet bodies together.
For solid bodies, you'll have to use the boolean command.
E.g. Unite, subtract or intersect.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back