Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Advice needed please (where to start)

dub_bi

Good morning members,

I would kindly ask for your advice on the following: I want to design enclosure for my electronic circuit board, and I would be looking for a CNC house to manufacture it.

I want to have it milled from a small aluminum block (or from an acrylic block).
Approximate size of the enclosure would be 10 cm (L) x 5 cm (W) x 2 cm (H).
Rough description is that the design would be open from one side (bottom), where PCB would be inserted from, and closed with a (thin) bottom panel (either aluminum or plastic). Front and back panel would have openings for connectors.

The key thing I am trying to achieve is a look-and-feel of a commercial products, for example brushed aluminum cases, in the class of high-end audio amplifiers, or style of a modern handheld devices.

This is a prototype design, with probably one or two follow-up revisions.

The purpose of this effort is two-fold:
1 Learn a SW tool(s) needed for design.
2 Go through learning curve in working with a CNC house, and improve on this initial design using it as a reference for further designs.

Therefore, I would need your advice on:
1 Recommend me a software for this (relatively simple) design (I guess CAD + CAM package) ? (how about SolidWorks + Solid CAM ?)
2 Recommend on a CNC shop in AZ (Phoenix/Scottsdale) area.
3 Any rough estimate how much would a shop charge for manufacturing based on the above description ?

appreciate all comments,
regards,
Dubravko
Scottsdale, AZ

Resume Databases

Izzy Recruiting offers it recruiting and searching candidates online. We at izzy recruiting have unique database of skilled professionals to provide at an affordable budget and time frame. We enable fast and efficient service compare to other resume databases. For more detail please visit us at izzyrecruiting.com
--------------------------------
Resume Databases

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back