Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

angled object from a flat surface

kpsxtyone

Good Day!

I am just starting with SW and did some of the beginner tutorials but i was trying to replicate this one. I did use sketchup and would like to concentrate on using SW.

its a simple base plate 3mm tall and a square on the top that is angled with a 9 mm hole.

Any tip/tutorial link that shows how to create an angled object on a flat surface? I tried to draw a square on the surface and use extrude but cant make it go on an angle.

Thanks so much!

Attachments

• plate.jpg
    plate.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 2
two easy ways for you to choose:

1.Change the sketch plane
2014-3-25 下午 02-40-22.jpg

2.Specifies the direction of Extrude, and the End surface
2014-3-25 下午 02-51-46.jpg

Last edited:
Just create a plane at an angle somewhere offset from the base using Reference Geometry & build a sketch on it & then extrude up to body or surface. To create this you can also take the help of the link given below:

http://www.techsavvy.co.in/index.php/product3DCADSolidWorksStand

Moreover, if still you face any problem then please let us know as we are there to serve you round the clock.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back