Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Animation Help

darrenb

Hello,

I have basically a roll of time which consists of an inner core and 20mm diameter thick tape

I want to create animation showing the tape diameter getting smaller over time as if the tape is being used.

Anyone got an ideas how to do this?

I know how to animate parts moving, but if I change the parts size, it doesnt show on the animation?

hi, I only realised today you replied, I have had no luck with this, please see attached drawing.

Basically I want to change the outside diameter from 56.5mm to 41mm over the space of 10 seconds

Im sure this is simple for someone who knows how

Darren

Attachments

• Tape Animation.zip
    170.9 KB · Views: 3
3 Dimensional computer animation

3 Dimensional computer animation is probably the most prevalent form of animation seen in media today. As its popularity has sky rocketed 3D has forever changed the look of TV, movies, video games the internet and other forms of entertainment. The ability to create convincing 3D animation was once limited to a high powered, expensive workstations, but with computer techno logy on the move- always improving and always becoming more accessible – the cost of 3D software and the platforms to run it on has dropped dramatically. While higher end systems remained the ones that are used to make the most professional - looking imagery, it is now possible to create quality animation on a home computer.

If you have no experience in 3D animation, it is helpful to think of it as a digital hybrid of classic animation techniques and live action film. All of the basic principles of animation still apply, and the best 3D animators have usually started as cel or stop – motion animators. Traditional animators knowledge of movement, wait & expression of characters allows their work to be far superior to the over used “flying logos” and travelling –camera moves so typical of poor 3D animation. A working knowledge of film production is also a key to in creating high quality 3D work. Just as a live action director sets up cameras, positions actors and lights scenes, so too must a 3D animator. Because the computer aids in the process, a common myth is that 3D animation is easier, faster and even better than other forms of animation.

While the machine does, infact, draw every frame of the animation, the entire process is complex and takes some getting used to. As with any form of animation 3D requires liberal amounts of patience and diligence but with the home computer and software costing less than 500$, you can create amazing imagery that realistically duplicates our own world or explores new visions limited only by the imagination. 3D computer graphics are often referred to as 3D models. Apart from the rendered graphic, the model is contained within the graphical data file. However, there are differences.

A 3D model is the mathematical representation of any three-dimensional object (either inanimate or living). A model is not technically a graphic until it is visually displayed. Due to 3D printing, 3D models are not confined to virtual space. A model can be displayed visually as a two-dimensional image through a process called 3D rendering, or used in non-graphical computer simulations and calculations. The process of creating 3D computer graphics can be sequentially divided into three basic phases: 3D modeling which describes the process of forming the shape of an object, layout and animation which describes the motion and placement of objects within a scene, and 3D rendering which produces an image of an object.

Computer animation is essentially a digital successor to the art of stop motion animation of 3D models and frame-by-frame animation of 2D illustrations. For 3D animations, objects (models) are built on the computer monitor (modeled) and 3D figures are rigged with a virtual skeleton. For 2D figure animations, separate objects (illustrations) and separate transparent layers are used, with or without a virtual skeleton. Then the limbs, eyes, mouth, clothes, etc. of the figure are moved by the animator on key frames. The differences in appearance between key frames are automatically calculated by the computer in a process known as tweening or morphing.

Finally, the animation is rendered. For 3D animations, all frames must be rendered after modeling is complete. For 2D vector animations, the rendering process is the key frame illustration process, while tweened frames are rendered as needed. For pre-recorded presentations, the rendered frames are transferred to a different format or medium such as film or digital video. The frames may also be rendered in real time as they are presented to the end-user audience. Low bandwidth animations transmitted via the internet (e.g. 2D Flash, X3D) often use software on the end-users computer to render in real time as an alternative to streaming or pre-loaded high bandwidth animations.

There are 2 parts and 1 assembly. Which of these you want to animate and how. I can't find any 56.5 dimension..

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back