Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Attributes in blocked table?

TrailBarge

Howdy, all...

I am running AutoCAD 2008. My company likes to make blocks with lots of data in them. These data lend themselves to tables well. In the same block, we will also have a graphic of some sort with the same data reported in a different way. I think to myself, "self... this wants to be a block attribute so the duplication does not turn into error".

Seems like it can't be done because table cells are mtext entities and I've yet to get attributes to play well with mtext.

Now... can anyone out there tell me how to report a block attribute in a table?

Alternatively, is there something new coming down the pike that is superceding attributes? Can something like this be done with dynamic block parameters?

By the way, I've managed to get my functionality with document properties and reporting the field in the table, but AutoCAD's custom prop editor becomes cumbersome when dealing with 3-4 dozen custom values and inserting a new block requires knowing which custom props to manually create before bringing in the block.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back