Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Automated callout

mgmgmg

Is there any option to put part names callouts (part name with leader line to its part) automatically on drawing ? (catia v5)

Hello!

You must go to Tools>Options>Mechanical Design>Drafting>Annotation and Dress up and clicking 3D associativity in the section Balloon Creation and select "Part Number" in the list on the right.

Then, go to the CATDrawing and select the icon "Balloon" in the tool bar "Annotations" and select your part.

The only problem is that the texts are with balloon if you don't want text with balloon you must remove them one to one or at the end doing a search of all the texts for memove the balloons at the same time.

for example :
XX-XXX-XX (Part number)
YYYYYYY (second text line : nameof part or qty, or smthng else)

Ahh! I understand it now, but I'm sorry, I think that it isn't possible to do it automatically, you must do it editing the balloon annotations that you did before.

Hello!

OK, it's true but you can select a normal text and clicking in your balloon write the second text, then both of them keep linked and you can move them together.
The bad thing is that the second text can't be inside of the balloon.
I hope you don't need have them inside both of them.
The best thing you can do it's take off the balloons in the first text and link the texts like I said you.
I can't help more, I don't know another method for doing this, I'm sorry and good luck.

Bye

I guess a Balloon is only supposed to have one line of text.

I know this isn't automatic, but instead of a Balloon, why not just use Text with multiple lines. You can add a circle Frame and a Leader, so it looks just like a Balloon.

Or, use a Leader Text to eliminate having to add the Leader.

text balloons.jpg

Maybe you could use a Macro to automate the command? Or a PowerCopy?

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back