Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Catalog

amnon

Hej,

What is my mistake creating catalog?

1.I have Part with Design Table.xls
2.Open New Catalog Editor
3.In componentFamily -> Add Generative Part
4.Select Documet -> I select my Document(Part) -Resolution mode->Description will be resolved

But when I try to add to Assembly new component from Catalog Browser I heve to choose option Add Instantiate As New Component. I'd like to Add new component in the same way I add new bolt (for example) clicking twice on component. When I click twice on component it adds component but not new, just open resolved one. And Part name is always Part, not name from PartNumber column in excell. Why is that?

Best regards
Amnon

I don't have much experience with creating Catalogs, but I don't think Design Tables belong in a Catalog.

My suggestion is the use the Design Table to create all the parts (CATPart files) and place all the parts into the Catalog.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back