Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Catia 2D Drawing refuse to link with 3D.

shiyao

The report is as below,then what can I do about that?

Attachments

• MicrosoftTeams-image.png
    MicrosoftTeams-image.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 5
This has been a problem with CATIA V5 drawings when you try top copy a drawing to make a second drawing similar to the original. Once you get the "Link Refused The Document" message, there is nothing you can do to fix this.

https://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=356588 The post in this forum has a script that supposedly fixes the link. But I understand that it isolates all dimensions, so I'm not sure how helpful the script is.

I suggest you start over again. Open the original drawing, and use Edit + Links to open the linked 3D part. Then use File + Save Management and use the Save As option to make a new drawing with good links.

Last edited:
This has been a problem with CATIA V5 drawings when you try top copy a drawing to make a second drawing similar to the original. Once you get the "Link Refused The Document" message, there is nothing you can do to fix this.

https://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=356588 The post in this forum has a script that supposedly fixes the link. But I understand that it isolates all dimensions, so I'm not sure how helpful the script is.

I suggest you start over again. Open the original drawing, and use Edit + Links to open the linked 3D part. Then use File + Save Management and use the Save As option to make a new drawing with good links.
In fact I did not make a copy, just the original 3D Part was lost and the Drawing could not be linked with new 3D part.

If the original Part is not available, then you will have to make a new drawing based on the new 3D part.

If you only want the drawing, you could Isolate each view to eliminate the error.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back