Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Catia Assembly problem ( Constraints shown in dark colors)

Steve Lim

The constraints were shown in dark olive instead of green. The parts won't move into places and the diagnosis didn't show anything. Anyone have any idea of what causes this and how to fix this ?

I've never noticed that before. Are all the constraints dark, or just some of them? Are there any symbols in the tree in front of the dark-colored constraints? Does this happen to all of your products, or just one?

Which release of CATIA are you using?

I might have found the problem: The CATIA Help files say that inconsistent constraints or over-constrained constraints will be ignored and displayed in a green/gray color. Here's what I found: Assembly Design and scroll down to the Inconsistent Or Over-constrained Assemblies section in the Managing Constraints chapter.

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back