Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

CATIA doesn't allow me to delete these comonents

Mans

I mirrored these two legs of the tower earlier but after a series of other actions I decided to delete them but received this warning:

untitled-1.jpg

What I should to do to take the components out of private state?

Could you please highlight the components in the tree that you want to delete. (or list their names)

Hi, MrCATIA

After I sent this post I myself tried to find the problem that prevented deleting. I went to the tree and deleted symmetry from there. The components (I-beams on the right) were deleted successfully.

Probably, I tried before to delete one of the components that was under Multi output 4 (symmetry) order and thus received the warning. I deleted Multi output itself in the tree and the components were deleted completely.

Thank you for your attention :)

The object was a watching tower ( toy) that I designed for participating in a competition relative to a Canadian toy factory. After a week, the responsible of the company congratulated me and announced me I'm one of the few finalists. It is not obvious who will be the winner.

The wondering thing is that I designed all the components in one stage and didn't use assembly workbench.

tower-2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job Mans! Have you heard how you did in the competition?

Although it's not the preferred method, modeling a simple assembly as a single CATPart is an okay method that obviously works.

Hi, MrCATIA

I recently was registered in an Iranian freelancing website. I introduced myself as a translator ( English-Farsi) and designer. During the five or six months I could earn 20$!!

My first work was a lift track rump with a low height. The owner paid me 5
My second work was a translation and the master paid me 2.5
The watching tower was one of the competitions that someone offered in the freelancing web. He told, it was relative to a Canadian company. Among the 100 designer I was selected. The master announced me, he will send the tower to the company to be valuated. After a few days I received an indirect message from the company, you are one of the few final designers (from other lands) that may be our winner. The manager of the company asked me to make some little changes in the tower. I did that but when I wanted to send the modified work, the freelancing web warned, the time of the competition has been expired and you are not allowed to send any post; a troublesome announcement!
In fact, the connection between me and the company was disrupted and I couldn't send the modified design to the master or company. I just could save the Catia file somewhere in my computer as a sample of my works! The prize of the competition was 150$; an amount of money that could help me in my living.

It doesn't matter! I'm like a fisherman who lost a Salomon fish and he has to wait for another one :)

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back