Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Catia Drafting doesn't show the whole selected view

koelleheu

Hallo everyone,

I would like to derive the drawing from the part shown below. However as I selected this area as my front view I got a completely different drawing than the shown preview. The dimension is all wrong as well. What seems to be the problem?

Screenshot 2021-01-19 140844.pngUnbenannt.PNG

That's strange. Is the drawing based on CATPart or CATProduct? And is everything updated?

Please attach a picture of your 3D model that shows the tree structure, including the expanded Part Body

Wrong dimensions? Make sure you are using the correct dimension units (something like NUM.DINC for inch, or NUM.DIMM for millimeter)

That's strange. Is the drawing based on CATPart or CATProduct? And is everything updated?

Please attach a picture of your 3D model that shows the tree structure, including the expanded Part Body

Thank you for your reply. This is a CATPart so it's all one part. I checked the dimension unit and it's in millimeter so in that regard it's correct. Here's the picture of the tree structure attached

Attachments

• esgewz.PNG
    esgewz.PNG
    108.6 KB · Views: 4
And this length right here should be 48 mm but it's been doubled to 96mm. This what I meant by wrong dimension. I have no idea where this view came from

Attachments

• wefwg.PNG
    wefwg.PNG
    17.1 KB · Views: 2
At the bottom of the tree, I see a Pad.2 - should that be there?

If it should be there, right-click on it and choose the Define In Work Object option. This will show you the entire part.

If it was copied by mistake, Delete it. Sketch.10 too. (the pad was probably "dragged and dropped" by mistake)

Last edited:
At the bottom of the tree, I see a Pad.2 - should that be there?

If it should be there, right-click on it and choose the Define In Work Object option.

If it was copied by mistake, Delete it. Sketch.10 too

You just solved it for me. I deleted it and it worked like a charm. Thank you very much!

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back