Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Catia unfold and fold in generative sheet metal ?

wowpilot

I need to design a part that forms from sheet metal, but it is really difficult to use generative sheet metal module in catia. So I decided to use part design but there is a problem with part that I created from part design. I cannot use unfold command in generative sheet metal module. Is the reason that I created part by using part design ?

Starting with Part Design is OK, as long as you make everything (walls and bends) the same thickness. Did you get any errors when you converted the Part Design solid into a Sheetmetal solid?

You did model the part in it's bent (folded) form, right?

The Sheetmetal workbench is much different and requires using a different modeling technique compared to Part Design. Anyone who is familiar with sheetmetal part design and flat pattern development will find this workbench fairly easy to use. Attending an instructor-led class will really help with learning the proper techniques and tricks.

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back