Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

CATIA V5: How to realise some chamfered edges on a compressor helix?

Matse.P

Hey guys,
I'm actually working on some helix compressor parts, in detail on the main compressor helix itself of a G-compressor.

The edges of this helix need to be chamfered and so I now have a question how to realise these chamfered edges on the ends of the helix without any idea.

Please have a look at the following pictures to understand what's the precise need:

Spirale_Abschraegung.jpg

Spirale_Abschraegung_2.jpg

You can see these red lines which show the geometrical arrangement of the chamfered edges. My problem is that I don't know how to realise some kind of projection of a chamfered line onto a bent surface of the helix that in result I get a kind of cutting line or something like this.

Can anybody give me a way to solve the problem? If it is to complicated, I don't need the precise sequence of working steps, the way is enough that I can discover and develop it on my own!

Thanx a lot and greetz from germany,
Matse

There is no need to project a line. Instead, there are two easy ways to do it:

a. Add a CHAMFER to the edges you want to eliminate, or

b. Add a DRAFT to the faces on the ends of the helixes

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back