Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Catia v5 vs Catia v6

Kult2015

Hey there,

What’s the difference between Catia v5 and Catia v6? You know, Catia v4 is another ball game, if you want to compare Catia v4 and v5. The same story with v5 and v6, or v6 is close to v5, and if you are very skilled in v5, it is not a problem at all to switch from v5 to v6?

Is it worth learning Catia v5 now, or it is better to concentrate on Catia v6?

Thank you! :confused:

I had the opportunity to get about 15 minutes of hands-on experience with CATIA V6 at a COE conference several years ago. Based on that short period of time, I feel that V6 is very similar to V5 and learning the new CATIA version will be very easy (if you already know V5).

In my limited opinion, the biggest difference is that V5 uses Windows files to store & manage CATIA files, and V6 uses a database (Matrix One?) to manage files.

Last edited:
I had the opportunity to get about 15 minutes of hands-on experience with CATIA V6 at a COE conference several years ago. Based on that short period of time, I feel that V6 is very similar to V5 and learning the new CATIA version will be very easy.

In my limited opinion, the biggest difference is that V5 uses Windows files to store & manage CATIA files, and V6 uses a database (Matrix One?) to manage files.

Thanks a lot!

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back