Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Constraints defined in dialog box

I know this is a really silly question, but I cannot simple figure it out! I'm making a rectangle and then selecting left vertical, right vertical and then the top line in the rectangle. Thereafter I am pressing constraints defined in dialog box and ticking the box symmetry. However, when I do this all three line disappear and I am only left with the left vertical line. How come? Can someone please help me. This is my first catia assignment.

Attachments

• Dok1.pdf
    147.6 KB · Views: 3
I know this is a really silly question, but when I am making a rectangle in Catia, and marking the left vertical, the right vertical and the top sides and clicking Constraints defined in dialog box and symmetry all the lines disappear except the left vertical one. How come? Can someone please help me! This is my first Catia assignment. Thanks

Attachments

• Dok1.pdf
    147.6 KB · Views: 3
Ingvild,

I think you're picking the wrong centerline. Following the instructions attached, select the two vertical lines (A and B). For line C (the centerline), select the Vertical Axis (not the top line). This will make the the vertical lines symmetrical about the axis.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back