Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Copying Geometric Sets from one part to another

MrCATIA

Super Moderator
Rogerio asked the following CATIA question on a different forum:

Good morning,

I need help on the following: I have copied Geometrical sets from one CATPart (1) to another (2) and I realized that the copy created a ghost link with the part 1, where the Geo sets come from. Part 1 does not appear on edit + links nor on File + Desk of Part 2, but it does appear when I do a save management on Part 2. How can I break this link? What did I do wrong to have this ghost link?

Many advanced thanks!

Rogerio

Rogerio,

Run the CATV5DUA program to clean the part file. This normally removes ghost links.

Are you sure you have ghost link? Files are listed in the Save Management panel because they are opened, not because they have links. If you close the Part 1 window, it shouldn't be included in the Save Management list.

Last edited:
Rogerio,

Run the CATV5DUA program to clean the part file. This normally removes ghost links.

Are you sure you have ghost link? Files at listed in the Save Management panel because they are opened, not because they have links. If you close the Part 1 window, it shouldn't be included in the Save Management list.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply! I shared your line of thinking before I encountered this issue. Part 1 is not opened in CATIA and I also run CATDUA and the link does not disappear.

Thanks!

Hello,

Thanks for the reply! I shared your line of thinking before I encountered this issue. Part 1 is not opened in CATIA and I also run CATDUA and the link does not disappear.

Thanks!

Hi MrCATIA

Thanks!

Hello,

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rogerio,

What makes you think you have a ghost link? What problems does it create for you?

Try this:
1. save all the changes you made to your CATIA files
2. close all CATIA files
3. use TOOLS + COMMAND LIST and double-click on the CLEAR HISTORY command
4. FILE + OPEN the CATPart file containing the copied geometry.

Do you still have a ghost link?

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back