Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

creating internal void within solid object

sean_uni

hey everyone, im sure this is a very basic question but im also very new to rhino and so far im completely stumped.

what im trying to do is create a void within a solid shape, what ive done so far is create a solid in the form i want my void to take and then placed that inside the other, larger, solid. Ive then tried using the boolean tools to try and turn the internal shape into a void within the larger solid but ive had no luck so far, it just says 'objects do not intersect, nothing done' or a line to that effect. im pretty sure that the reason im getting this message is that the 'to-be-void' shape sits/floats within the larger second solid and at no point touches its boundary however that is the point.

any suggestions would be great but if you need further explanation just let me know.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back