Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Creating spline with minimum radius issue

Hiya,

I am getting some images CNC's out of steel and am trying to prepare the DXF file. I created the image in Illustrator then opened up the AI file in Solidworks. I initally saved to DXF straight away before emailing to the CNCing guy, but he sent it back saying there was multiple line segments plus all acute angles need to have a fillet of 0.6mm applied to them.

So I started fitting splines to the segments with a threshold of 0.6mm but it still leaves me with too small angles. It's my first time using the spline fit so I may well be doing it wrong but I can't figure it out. I started manually fixing each angle by over laying a 1.2mm diameter circle and then trimming, but that will take me forever as I have 20 files to fix.

I have attached a raw file if anyone could give me some ideas on how to get this done?

Thanks a million

Emily

View attachment FishTag1.zip

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back