Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Creo to AutoCAD.dwg

I have a client who has created a fairly extensive model of a device using Creo. He has hired me to create 2D drawings from his model. We are struggling to convert the Creo files to an AutoCAD format. Within Creo, there are several parameters to be set in the export process and I've not experience with Creo and can't help him. Though trial and error, he has been able to export drawings so that AutoCAD recognizes them as solids but so far, when I explode an item in a drawing that he has converted to dwg, say a flat plate with holes in it, the circles representing the holes are actually two semi-circles. I am hoping someone knows the proper settings of the parameters within Creo in order to produce a dwg file that will behave as if it were created in AutoCAD. BTW, Simply saving the Creo drawing to a dwg format does not work. The model comes in as triangular surfaces when he does that.

Why would anyone want to convert pro/e solids to AutoCad? Why not create the drawing in Pro/e? They are already dimensioned in the models.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back