Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Cutting solid surface with wrapped pattern sketch?

hdwdlnd

I am wondering if there is a set of commands that could cut a profile centered on all elements of this wrapped pattern sketch onto a solid body. This is basically cutting an offset masonry pattern representing a mortar joint on a curved surface. In this instance the solid surface is a cylinder.

This is done in CATIA V5

Attachments

• Pattern1.png
    Pattern1.png
    56.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Pattern2.png
    Pattern2.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 0
If you just want a "pretty picture" of the bricks and mortar joints; you can quickly use Apply Material to wrap a .jpg image around the cylindrical surface.

If you want a more precise 3D model you can model a brick or two (or few mortar joints) and then use Patterns to copy them.

I'd like to try this myself. what are the dimensions of the cylinder? what are the dimensions of the bricks and mortar width?

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back