Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

"Demote" part into subassembly...

V

Vesh13

I have a part at my top level assembly and I want it to be a component of another sub-assembly in my model.

How do you "demote" a part or assembly into another sub-asembly in the modelling environment, like you can do in Inventor for example?

Cheers...

The command is called transfer in solid edge.

If you go to the help pulldown there is something called a command finder, you can type in keywords like you would in google and solid edge will try and guess what you are trying to do and show you where the commands to do them are located. Go to the command finder and type in "transfer"

-Eric

Transfer

You need to click the part and them select the transfer command (which may be hidden in a flyout behind the disperse command), then select the sub-assy you want it to transfer too. Note: It is a best prctice to have only one (usally the first one you place) grounded part per assembly. When you transfer/disperse a part, it will end up grounded, just delete the ground and apply the proper constraints.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back