Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Design Table-Configurations

redgunner

Hi, i'm a beginner of Catia and i have a project about design tables of catia and parameters, etc. I have created an excel file-design table for a catia part and i want to create a different catia part for each configuration of the design table. Is there any simple way to do this? I don't mean to do it by manually saving different parts, because it's pointless when i have 100 different cases-configurations!
Please help!!
Thanks in advance!!

This is a little out of my area of expertise, but I believe there are Catalog tools that will automatically build a series of the parts from a design table/spreadsheet.

As far as I used Catalog, I didn't find anything that solve my problem, but I'll check it again. In addition to this, I want these new series of parts automatically change their parameters through design table.
If anyone knows any tool to do this, please post it.
Thanks for quick reply!

Thanks to you I searched deeper in Catalog tools and I found a solution. It was about resolving my catalog chapter and through catalog editor(Options) new catia parts have been created in a folder of my choice!!

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back